Art, Interior Design and Photo Styling - a Partial Collection of my projects

Art, Interior Design and Photo Styling - a Partial Collection of my projects
-

Excerpt from article in Cape Cod & Islands Home, April 2006



Please note that all of the photos in this post are of my own designs, and are copyrighted.
They may be reproduced on other blogs, but I ask that you please give me credit,
and link back here, when you do use them. Thank you!





25 August, 2010

LIVING ROOMS

LIVING ROOM in an ANTIQUE HOME, Hingham, MA

Schumacher fabrics complement the homeowners' antique furniture
(Photo by Nan & Monty Abbott)









SITTING ROOM, Duxbury, MA

In my sister's sitting room, she did all of the decorating and I stepped in with the draperies, as a finishing touch. Sheer stripe by Creation Baumann is used horizontally for added drama.
(Photo by Nan & Monty Abbott)



LIVING ROOM at TRANQUILLITY LODGE, Hingham, MA

(Photo by Nan & Monty Abbott)

- Excerpt from South Shore Living magazine, Winter 2004

A decoupage plate tops an antique faux bamboo table which Kate glazed red and highlighted with gold accents.

Walls are upholstered in silk from Brunschwig & Fils.

Rose watercolors by my friend, Sara Holbrook with gorgeous custom frames hand made by my friends, Ann and Mike Shilhan.
I painted a Shakespeare quote along one of the ceiling beams.


Detail of drapery with custom pleated edging

The pillows on this couch were quilted, adding plush texture.

A painted swag over the doorway leading to the dining room
One of two fireplaces in the L-shaped living room, features a catboat painting by Jack Dickerson, and two antique French "grandmother's chairs".

On Christmas Eve, needlepoint stockings are hung on pegs by their painted names. I designed and stitched these stockings as each new family member entered my life. The "coral branches" are from the corkscrew willow tree in our backyard, which I dried and painted.
(Photo by Eric Roth)
The mantle, with painted names for stockings, in spring and summer.


LIVING ROOM, Duxbury, MA

Diamond Baratta Design wool tartan with teal green ultrasuede accents. Matching green border on the sisal/wool rug.








(Photo by Nan & Monty Abbott)



LIVING ROOM, Cohasset, MA

Mantle piece painted with a Swiss style motif. Walls have shiny polyurethane stripes.


SMALL LIVING ROOM in a RETIREMENT RESIDENCE,
Hingham, MA

Ribbon applied to the borders of this shade accentuate the scalloped shape and tie in colors from the room.
Pierre Frey drapery and pillow fabric.


LIVING ROOM, Waban, MA

Raspberry glazed walls have fabulous presence and punch in this otherwise very traditional living room



LIVING ROOM, Wellesley, MA

Crackled glass drapery finials

Hand painted silk pillows and Robert Allen silk drapes have similar themes and colors.






Please note that all of the photos in this post are of my own designs, and are copyrighted. They may be reproduced on other blogs, but I ask that you please give me credit, and link back here, when you do use them. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment